Category Archives: Projects

Red Purse

Red Purse

I just kind of winged this project as I went along.  I still had leftovers of the Mission Falls 1824 Super Wash Wool……I swear, that stuff breeds in the yarn bin because there is still enough left to make a coffee sleeve or something small like that.

Pattern Information
Yarn Weight: Worsted
Yards: 200-250
Needle Size: 7
Price: $4.99

Lace Eyelet Hat

I wanted to use the leftovers from my Birthday socks for something simple yet something I hadn’t done before.  So I decided to make a hat.  This is from the Mexican Wave – Pink color DK weight yarn.  It was supposed to be more tight fitting according to the pattern, but it ended up working wonderfully as a good hat for holding all of my hair under while cleaning, gardening, and dog training =)

Eyelet Hat

Lace Shawlette

I am not sure that I exactly like the outcome of this shawl.  It curls on the edges despite blocking.  The original pattern calls for Garter stitch throughout, but that was too boring especially on sock weight yarn, so I used a lace pattern that is like little diamonds with a mountain peak at the top.  I planned on making this bigger, but with some of the early on blocking problems I was having with this yarn I decided to keep it smaller.  If the yarn wasn’t as itchy I would have used it for a head scarf.  I am not sure what I will use this for because it doesn’t keep the shoulders warm or look that great with the curling ends in front.  Maybe this will be sent off as a gift to a swap buddy who wants it.

I used Red Heart Sock Yarn….Heart and Sole.  I don’t remember the color way though.  It does have some nyon in it, and is kind of nice to knit with but there are strands of undyed wool in the yarn that are really coarse and bothered me, trying to pick them out the whole project.

Lace Shawlette

Gee Socks

I designed these socks for my husband’s mom after she had foot surgery.  Our Niece calls her Gee.  How cute two year olds can be 🙂  I used Paton’s Astra in a dark and light pink for this project.  Using a simple DK weight sock pattern, nothing fancy but the color changes.  If I were to do it over again, knowing how much yarn I had left over I would have extended the cuff of the sock and put a stripe of color at the top.  I was able to use the leftovers to make a matching pair of toddler socks for the Niece though.

Gee Socks

Here are the socks in progress.  This was also my first time taking a sock pattern for 4 DPN’s and using the magic loop method to do two of them at a time.  I only had to take one sock completely off to readjust the heel stitches after the gusset was finished.  Then I put them back together.  Two small circular needles of one size smaller comes in very handy for this (16 in).  This does solve the second sock syndrome.

Socks in progress....